Wednesday, January 05, 2005

A little about myself

I normally am shy about these type of things, the whole "Hi, my name is so and so, and this is what I do" schtick. What am I? I'm a aspiring Military Historian- I'll never stop aspiring to be one- who hopes to eventually go for his PhD in Military History, or barring that, teach history on the high school level. I'll be honest....either way, I'd be happy. I deal with strategic and tactical understandings, how the local and operational levels of war affect one another; how changing tactical concepts and technology can radically alter the military and political environment. That could mean the effect of the English longbowmen had on the medieval knights at Agincourt, or the introduction of the Colt .45 to the American military in the Plains Wars. I plan to research the First World War, primarily from a Germanic point of view. I'll probably babble about it at this lovely blog, occasionally. I'm also a giant science fiction and fantasy buff, having grown up on varied subjects like Asimov's Foundation, Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time, Star Trek, Babylon5 , Anime (anyone watch Gundam?), and of course, Tolkien's masterpiece, Lord of the Rings. And yes, I do play video games. Ah, I'm also a huge sports fan, and since I live in New York, that means I follow New York sports religiously. Mets, Islanders, Knicks, Jets, Giants- I love them all. But Baseball and Hockey are my primary passions here. And I'm also a wrestling fan...been one since 1988. And I challenge anyone to tell he that "wrestling is fake" to bother to actually watch it. Yes, it's fake, but that's not the point, folks. Sigh.

Oh yes, I'm also Jewish, so feel free to send suicide bombers in my direction. I'll pick them off at a range of 1,000 yards. Shalom.
-Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home