Thursday, January 06, 2005

Argh

Try doing PhD applications. They are the bane of my existence. Anyone know the saying "Those who teach, teach. Those who can't, are administrators?" Well, I have a new version of it: "Those who teach, teach. Those who can't, build their websites." The websites are a labyrinth of stupidity to navigate through. You basically need a few things- the application form, online or offline versions, letters of recommendations, statement of goals forms, and maybe a online area to access your written essay to send to the college. Only you're lucky to find half of that stuff. At about 2/3rds of the colleges I've sent applications to, I've had to ask their web administrators where the hell they put their letters of recommendation forms. This isn't rocket science, folks. Don't make me want to buy a buzzsaw at Wal-Mart!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home