Monday, January 17, 2005

A little bit of everything

-The book that I was reading- Honor Harrington (Book 5): Flag in Exile was a paperback copy. And I mean WAS. It's literally started falling apart on me, and this is the first time I'm reading it. Pages are coming unglued, or unstuck. Argh. Hopefully the library will have a hardcover version of the book, so I can finish it without pages falling out.

- College begins later this week, actaully looking forwards to it. Depending on how things go, I'll either be in 4 classes Tuesday through Thursday, or Tuesday and Wednesday. Haven't had a chance to switch classes around, and might not be able to.

-Still peeved about the Jets losing in OT to the Steelers. Must. Get. Voodo. Doll.

-Saw three movies over the weekend; House of Flying Daggers, Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle, and Patriot Games. All three were good, and if anyone has to catch a movie in the theatres, make a point to see House of Flying Daggers. It's a VERY good Hong Kong Wuxia film, with really strong directing by Yhang Zimou and great acting by Zhang Ziyi (Crouching Tiger), and Takeshi Kaneshiro (the guy from the Onimusha video games!). And Harold and Kumar is a riot. Totally politically incorrect, and it steps on so many toes that you just have to admire them actually LETTING someone make this film. Patriot Games was good, and its just a shame that Harrison Ford didn't do the OTHER Jack Ryan movies. Please, someone erase the Ben Affleck Ryan movie from my mind! I offer that portion of my brain up for a mindwipe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home